Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Gym Shopping Again

I had no time to attend the virtual First Creditors' Meeting for Ritual Gym's provision liquidation. I'll just read the minutes later. Unsecured creditors like me don't have much hopes of getting anything back. The husband's bank honored a full (credit card) chargeback on his new and completely untouched 50 classes. At least.

I'm totally going to buy those trial packs at the various gyms and try them out. Gotta have HIIT and weights in the weekly exercise regime. Program structure(s) and cleanliness at a gym are important of course. But my main considerations are the timings of these classes and the location of the gym, and no more lengthy contracts, dammit. 

Began with BFT's $50 unlimited 2-week trial. Surprise surprise, I actually made it to six 9.40am sessions. HA! Unbelievable. I'm still not a morning-gym person. The BFT programs are standard-okay, but you're truly on your own. The trainers are of not much help — I doubt they're paid to assist gym-goers. You're pretty much paying for the usage of the gym, the equipment and an app on the big screens to take you through 50 minutes. If you like humans, you can get to know everyone. If you don't, well, you shouldn't be here in the first place. Get a PT somewhere else to sort you out. 

I'm not going to continue with this particular BFT outlet. The outlet is located in a dump of a building. There's a nightclub or KTV bar upstairs. The moment I step into the minuscule lift lobby, I'm hit by the overpowering stale stench of cigarettes, last night's vomit and alcohol, and urine. It's ridiculous. The toilets are gross af. NOPE. NO. NO NO. If I do join a BFT outlet, I'll get another trial pass at another location that is not owned by this set of franchise owners.

I did 6 types of classes over the two weeks. To be very honest, I haven't done HIIT and weights at this sort of intensity over a loooong time. Even going to Ritual thrice a week then wouldn't have cut it. That's at a wayyy lower intensity; it's completely different. I haven't even been running much because it's so damn hot and I don't fully like running on the treadmill. Tbh, it has been so fun doing pull-ups again consistently. Obviously I also use the resistance band to assist me. I max-out at 10 pull-ups in the first set. How to do more reps for the next few sets? The resistance band also helps me to do easy kipping to muscle-ups! Fun! Fun! Fun! 

That day while fixing the aching muscles and tight ribs, the Gyrotonic instructor pointed out that my right traps are too active, and told me to push it down and watch it, otherwise I'd end up with muscle spasms. She's absolutely right. I'm already feeling a bit of strain there. Since I'm gym shopping and I can't eat shellfish for some time now, even with antihistamines, I'm going to take it as another phase to cut carbs, up a bit of cardio, eat cleaner, and lift heavier, and maintain that core of steel. 

No comments: