Saturday, March 23, 2024

The Last Few Burgers at Three Buns Robertson Quay

Six years on, Three Buns at Robertson Quay has scheduled its last day of operations to be next Saturday 30 March 2024. They're not setting up shop at a new venue. It has been a great run. We've gone by often for easy meals. They have a wide menu and great burgers. The ktihcne does seriously delicious iterations of vegetarian burgers in the form of TiNDLE and Impossible™patties.

Choya literally grew up with this place. She had her first bites of cooked beef here, till they didn't offer a pet menu anymore. They got a pet licence, and we've been coming ever since. I don't mind Choya on the floor, and she's comfortable here. But I've seen the floors under the outdoor tables of the restaurant from okay to dirty to horrid. I realized that they don't bother to keep the floors outdoors clean. For a long time now, they don't even bother to clean off rat and lizard droppings anymore. Ugh. So I'm wary of sitting here at night when I can't see clearly what's on the floor.

Although this is Three Buns's last week of operations, the kitchen didn't slack off. The burgers were still delicious, nicely grilled. I've got nothing to complain about. Instead of the vegetarian option today, I took actual beef — the Baby Huey, and added a sunny side-up. I could never finish the bun anyway; left ¾ of it behind this time. I'm cutting carbs yo. 

The man went for broke and also added egg to his Jason Four Cheese, which already had a double patty, aged gouda and Punk Dog IPA. He ate all his bun. Okaaayyy. He also wanted a coffee cocktail thingy. He said it was delicious. Heh. I decided against alcohol. Took a super refreshing lemonade that bar bothered to shake up in a cocktail shaker. 

Some of the popular burgers would be featured on Potato Head's menu. That's a cool joint, but I haven't stopped by for years. That gives more of a party vibe; I'm not looking to party. I just want to chill. And the Keong Saik shophouse address isn't that conducive for Choya. Ahhhhh well. We had some fun times!

No comments: