Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Bit of Cockles & Carbs

We had a late lunch and didn't need to eat that early. Took a chance and walked into Shao Tapas at 8pm. There was a comfortable outdoor table for us. Yay! I do ask for less oil and salt in our food because I find that food a tad oily still. 

Took a deep breath and ate some cockles. It was hard to resist blanched cockles done this way. (An antihistamine after worked. Or maybe it was the garlic and chilli.) Had to have a portion of the excellent stir-fried Chinese garlic chives (青龍菜).

There was a signature braised platter with braised duck, pork belly and intestines. I don't mind the braised duck, but it's not my thing. The restaurant doesn't just do braised duck on its own though. It offers a whole crispy or roast duck for pre-orders. There was also claypot tofu soup with pig intestines and pickled vegetables (砂鍋肥腸燉豆腐). I really liked that tonight. I'm not a big fan of pig intestines, but I took a few pieces since these were braised well, and the pickled vegetables masked most of the 'stink'. 

The man wanted carbs. Surprise surprise! By this dish, we would definitely have to pack some items home. Had a bite and requested to tapau the rest of the horfun with diced kailan and dry radish, and half of the roast chicken

No comments: