Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Hello Again Seoul!


So we need a city. Unsurprisingly, we settled on Seoul for this 'girls' trip'. The city is convenient and easy all around with plenty of flights, choices of hotels, transport and food options. If we're really bored, we can always fly out to Jeju Island. But we're not bothered to do that on this short trip. We want to take it really easy.

However, we had plenty on the daily schedules and things going on — after much discussion, we took a redeye. We took a 2.25am flight out. Damn. That was BRUTAL. Staying awake till 2.25am wasn't ideal. We're not doing a redeye again if we can help it. 

I literally went to the airport in pyjamas. LOL I slept for a solid 3.5 hours. But it wasn't super restful. I told the crew that I didn't want breakfast, but I was still woken up by the cabin lights coming on and the clang of the service trolleys and cutlery. So I asked for fruits and a strong cup of Colombian black.

I'm still not into K-Pop or K-drama, and not that keen on Korean food although I know the narrow menu of dishes I do eat. Going with E and S meant that they can decide what they want to do and I'll just toddle along. I've done the indie gigs and rounds and beer in Seoul. I can just stroll along the streets, and I suppose I can try out the skincare products this time, and do whatever easy things the girls want to do that they don't usually have time to do in Singapore. 

Annyeonghaseyo Seoul!

No comments: