Thursday, April 11, 2024

Monkfish Tail at Loulou

I keep walking by Loulou on my way to and fro the area, and going to other restaurants, but I have never stepped in. I have never gotten around to making a reservation for a meal. Till V finally booked a table for us. She has been there rather often and likes the food quite a bit.  

The menu is varied. It's nothing fancy, yet everything dependable. If the kitchen executes all the items well consistently, then this is a solid restaurant that has flown under our radar. That night, there were a number of things I'd love to eat, but no, I couldn't. I'll have to come back to eat all the other things on the menu! 

We were prudent in our orders. An octopus carpaccio with roasted tomato vinaigrette to share, a 200-g Margret River tenderloin for V, and for me, I opted for fish — a nicely roasted monkfish tail with chorizo butter and provençale ratatouille. The neighbor's chilled seafood tower looked delicious with its shelled scallops, marinated octopus, tiger prawns, mussels, oysters and lobsters. But that is a total histamine bomb. Grrrrr. 

I'd probably skip the pasta and risotto since the flavors with cream and bisque broth aren't what I usually look for. To eat the pasta or risotto, I'd also need the help of a full table to split the carbs! Tonight, I decided to have a bit of that French pilaf onion rice, and two slices of freshly baked bread with a whole square of butter. I didn't share the butter with V. Hahahaha. 

V picked out a lovely bottle of red (Chateau La Tour de Mons - Margaux 2014) that breathed easily and went down even nicer. In fact, we skipped solid desserts and opted for a second bottle as dessert. NICE. I'm always in a calorie-deficit if I watch my carb intake. So I'm not too fussed over what I eat, except I control the volume. 

No comments: