Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Set The Weekly Gym Routine

I'm a bit zonked these few days, no thanks to the weird deep rumbles of thunder at 3.30am, 4.30am and 6am. OMG. Thunder terrifies the dog. Her new thing is to rip up all the yoga mats at home. Luckily they're cheap. I wasn't so pleased when she ripped up the Parklon kitchen mat.

The weather can be crazy hot, I don't care. But it also brings with it thunderstorms and thunder during the transition to neutral. What is up with El Nino! Regardless, I simply sleep earlier and try to garner enough energy to power through the day even if I'm up at 5am. I would really prefer it to be at least 6am though. 

I now have a comfortable rhythm of crunching paperwork, fielding work calls, getting to and fro meetings and conferences as and when necessary, and making time to get out to the gym. I need to get fit. Heh. Getting sufficient sleep means that I'd get the most out of the classes at the gym, and stay focused in order to stay injury-free. 

I've got no issues working out six times a week. I balance Pump (strength and cardio) classes with Grid (cardio) or Reformer Athletic (also cardio), and personal training (mostly weights/strength), and also even them out with the gym's Reformer Align or Recovery classes, my own Pilates and Gyrotonic sessions. 

I've streamlined my diet. It's not a chore at all. Like I said, my biggest issues are carbs and alcohol. The moment I decrease the intake, I'm always in a calorie deficit. Heh! I'm not starving, of course. Nobody needs to eat this much, honestly. It's just unhealthy.

Does my body take a beating with all these? Nope. I'm not crazy or over-doing it. I eased into this new routine. It's not as if I haven't 'exercised' in my life. I'm just getting pudgy and losing muscles, so I want them all lean muscles back. Working out is fun! It needs to be incorporated into daily living. Also, nobody needs to exercise for more than 45 minutes a day in that sense. The joints are well oiled and strengthened, and the kneecaps are not popping as badly anymore. I just need to be careful about my right elbow extensors. I feel it in my squats and when I mop or vacuum. LOL

2 comments:

coboypb said...

You are an inspiration with your daily exercise routine! I shall just target weekly or bi-weekly stretching and strengthening :)

imp said...

I just build it into my schedule. I'd feel really sluggish if I don't do all these. Heh