Thursday, April 18, 2024

The BFF Turned 46 Too!

Celebrated the BFF's 46th birthday with a dinner at Shunjuu Izakaya. She just begun a temporary role, so we didn't want to fix a gym workout since it's impossible for me to get there at 6.30am. Well, I can get there, but I'd be sooo not awake. LOLOL.

Ordered a bunch of items. Shunjuu's food isn't mind-blowing, but it would do, and the food is kind to sensitive stomachs. Some cooked items are honestly much better than their grilled skewers. I couldn't really complain about the quail eggs or shiitake and gingko nuts. But the ribeye and beef shortrib left much to be desired. I'd recommend everyone to skip the skewers here since there's another restaurant that does yakitori better just a hundred meters away. 

I was honestly glad that they forgot about my two portions of chicken hearts. They tried to give me the 'The order is on the way, just a while more', and I was like 'Naaaah, cancel it please. It hasn't turned up for the past hour, it's not turning up now.' Ha! I was too full and wouldn't be able to quaff four sticks of that. The BFF doesn't do innards. The one portion of two sticks of ox tongue were overly salted and burnt. It was pretty much inedible, so I didn't have hopes for the grilled hearts either.

The BFF asked for garlic fried rice. Shunjuu does that well. I couldn't finish all of my rice. Realized that my stomach has really really shrunk. I was pretty happy with raw cabbage and the miso dip. And two glasses of highball which were surprisingly balanced. 

Happy Birthday BFF! Here's to an uneventful year where bones, muscles, nerves and overall health are concerned! To ageing gracefully. 🩶 

No comments: