Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Watching the Rain Fall


No thanks to this weather and rumbling thunder, Smol Girl is in this state of perpetual anxiety these two weeks. On many days when she's home alone, her anxiety is heightened. Her current coping mechanism is to rip mats. So be it. At least it doesn't hurt her paws or gums/teeth too much. Still, I'd prefer her not to have to do this; that's on us, her pawrents to reassure her.

The man and I have to tag-team to be with Choya during these frequent spells of rain and thunder. That morning, he popped out to the gym for a heavy BodyPump class to de-stress from a mad period at work. I took the Smol Girl and went for coffee.

The rains weren't that bad. The thunder was nothing much. We had a spot away from the wet, and Smol Girl scooted under my chair immediately. Smart Girl. Her butt was against the wall, and she was quite happy there. Brekkies and coffee at dearborn worked for me so well. Smol Girl is fine and manages better outdoors, even with thunder. 

Sitting there in the cooler (but no less humid) weather watching the rain fall, I was content. A lot less traveling, a complete readjustment of my daily schedule, and a greater responsibility in my life to keep the dog happy and balanced. This is a choice I've made to have Choya in my life. And here she stays with me. 

No comments: