Thursday, May 09, 2024

Salt Bread & Hallabong Juice!!!


We went to have a look at Ikseondong. Had breakfast at Jayeondo Salt Bread & Jayeondoga (자연도소금빵&자연도가). I love shio pan. I just didn’t know that salt bread (sogeum-ppang) is also a thing in Seoul. I have eaten quite a few iterations from the different bakeries here. I like salt bread plain. With no filling. Salt bread is best eaten on the day of purchase. It tastes funny if you put it into the fridge, then heat it up the next day in the oven. Do not microwave, you will regret it. 

I'm not too hot about the smell of flour and butter baking. So if a bakery does it with filling, that smell is enough to make me run away. I could literally throw up if I have smell it for anything more than a whiff. So when I walked by Jayeondo Salt Bread & Jayeondoga at Ikseondong, it smelt more of salt than bread. Okay PASS. I bought salt bread from this store.  

One pack has 4 pieces of salt bread; ₩$12,000 each pack. I bought 3 packs. LOL At 10am in the morning, the queues to purchase and collect were non-existent. Damn, those buns are delicious!!! There’s something about the salt at this store. I ate four buns at a go. CARBS? DON'T CARE.

Had coffee and juice too. Wah. My fairly decent iced Americano came in a bowl and it was gigantic. I couldn't finish it. The chilled hallabong juice is sooo lovely as a breakfast drink. That sweetness is insane. This came with a real hallabong (or what we call a Jeju orange). The leaf wasn’t on a stem. It’s just separately stuck into the mandarin. Haha. We were too lazy to peel it, but we decided we ought to. Wow. It was a GOOD ORANGE. It's pretty much a sweet mandarin orange.

No comments: