Tuesday, May 07, 2024

The Gyrotonic Bench & Pilates Corner at the Gym


If I'm in a city and in a decent hotel, then the exercise routine doesn't pause. I simply continue with it and find different slots in a day to pop by the gym. While I'm eating well in Seoul, I'm not going big on carbs either. I'm keeping it nicely moderate. I like my food, but I don't have an issue with portion control.

Happiness is turning up at the spacious gym and finding a lovely corner for Pilates, and at the other end, a Gyrotonic bench. Awesome. The entire space for the gym was impressive! Wow. It's also a fitness club. I guess it's smart of the hotel to monetize, and the trainers there also offer 1:1 coaching, which seems seriously popular at all the times I went in. 

After a red-eye, I wasn't going to cardio it or do weights. I wanted a spinal stretch and rotation. Spent a nice chunk of time rotating and warming up on the Gyrotonic bench. Then I went over to the Chair and Ladder Barrel to do some serious stretching. I didn't need the reformer or Cadillac tower at all. 

I knew that there's Pilates equipment at the hotel's gym. But I didn't realize how well-equipped and maintained it is. I'm walking a fair bit in this city. But I would still need to stretch and lift some weights. It's super convenient to come by daily for a quick one. All I need is 20 minutes and a number of fast but easy reps. No excuses. 

No comments: