Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Daily Beer Singapore

Daily Beer Korea has opened up a franchise in Singapore at the corner of Telok Ayer Street across from the food center. Each time we pass by, it's mad crowded. After gym that day, we went to the area for lunch (without a reservation), and saw that the restaurant had empty tables outdoors. Yay. We wanted to sit outdoors anyway. To us, it was a pretty cool day, and the overhead fans worked well. The queue formed up fast because everyone wanted to sit indoors. Oof!  

The menu at Daily Beer Singapore is pretty much the same as its Korean counterparts. It is a franchise after all. Its K-Festbier (Marzen-style) is good. Skip the Seoul Weizen unless you really like German witbier; it pairs well with spicy fried chicken, but I find that too funky for me. I like it that its menu offers Singapore-named ales. I haven't bothered to ask if they're locally brewed. I assume so. Alcohol tax is really hefty. Heh.  

The man was so pleased! He ordered a whole chicken, but had it done half and half — Angry Bird plain and Angry Bird Kimchi (dry, with spicy kimchi seasoning). He isn't quite a fan of the wet sauce marinades. I'm glad he got to try this. When the girls took me to the Hongdae outlet in Seoul, I knew the man would like it. This franchise followed the recipe well, and kept the fried breast cuts tender, which isnt' easy to do in fried chicken. 

I know riiiight. FRIED CHICKEN. KOREAN. Not me. I didn't bother to eat the chicken except to taste it to try. Not a fan of fried chicken and even eating one will send me straight to lao-sai hell. I wanted the odeng or what is listed as 'premium fish cake soup', but they didn't have it that day. So I had the kimchi and fish cake udon. I'm not a fan of kimchi, but I'll just ignore the soup and take the fish cakes and udon. There's tteokbokki too, if you want a complete starch and carb hit. 

No comments: