Friday, June 07, 2024

Koffee Mameya Kakeru


If I had more capacity in my bloodstream for caffeine, I'd so opt for the tasting menu at Koffee Mameya Kakeru. Sadly, I didn't. So a cup of Guatemala from Tokado Coffee it was. Maki-san made a beautiful brew for all of us.

The coffee stand at Omotesando has been around for ages and it's mad crowded. I wouldn't bother with it. I love it that this spacious venue is blissfully uncrowded. Away from town, not many people will make the trek here, and if they do, they would already have a reservation at Koffee Mameya. They don't take walk-ins.

Unlimited Coffee Roasters is a few streets down. Ahhhh... these few streets have got Seattle vibes. I didn't stop by. No more capacity for caffeine. Totally done for the day. I simply strolled along to soak up the sights and enjoyed the blue skies.

I like this little township of Kiyosumi-Shirakawa. I took a long stroll around the area. There're so many pilates and gyrotonic studios, izakaya, little cafes, wine bars. It's super residential and absolutely charming. Love it! I can come here daily too, if I bother to sign up for Pilates classes each time I'm in town. The man isn't a coffee aficionado, but he enjoys the stroll and hunts for coffee because it's just amazing to walk in this city. 

'Isn't it just coffee? Why make a trek out?' 

Nope. It isn't just coffee. I will make a trek out to anywhere just for a cup of coffee. I drink mine black. Preferably filter. A cold brew properly extracted would be equally awesome. I taste so many layers, flavors and notes. It's EVERYTHING. A cup of coffee is never just a coffee. 

Thanks for taking me to your local, J! No wonder you can come here every day.  

No comments: