Sunday, June 23, 2024

'Mama-kase Night' at Volare

This seems like the month of celebrations!!! We had the loveliest 'Mamma-kase Night' at Volare. Chef Peppo's Mama is in town to visit her newborn twin granddaughters. So we were invited to a 'Friends & Family' night of celebration for Chef Peppo and Angie's newborn twins, and their family who flew into town.

Sure, we eat here often and all, and this is such a sweet gesture for us all to eat as a 'family'. I know some of the other regular diners, but I certainly don't know all of them! I was glad we paid for drinks, and also a nominal food cost. I would have been embarrassed to completely eat for free because the menu was super generous. 

Started with a cute charcuterie plate and bread. The foccacia was filled with onions and absolutely delicious. The fava bean purée was crazy good. Then came the oysters, mussels, eggplants, meatballs, and frittata. The man loved it so much. A hearty main of pork ragout orecchiette filled all our stomachs. Ended with a slice of apple pie.

I was SO STUFFED. All I could think of — 'thank goodness I went to the gym today, and I'm going for HIIT tomorrow.' This isn't even about feeling bloated or growing fat okay. This was because indigestion would set in big time if I didn't work it off. 

No comments: