Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Can't Move Away from Having Shogayaki Teishoku at SUJU!


S is back in town again! Her firstborn joined us for lunch. I can't call N a boy anymore. At 24 years old, he's all grown up. The young man has just graduated from his first diploma, and is considering a second. (This isn't in our Singapore education system and definitions; he has never been in our education system.) What a lot of work to get to the certification that he ultimately wants.  

With many meals lined up over the month for both S and I, separately and together, we decided to go easy today and have cooked food at SUJU. I keep sticking to the Mandarin Gallery OG branch. I haven't visited its other outlet across at Takashimya. Its teishoku sets are always friendly at lunch.

We added on agedashi tofu and pumpkin tempura to our mains. N had never eaten pumpkin tempura! Had to rectify that. Heh. We swopped out the regular miso soup to a tonjiru soup. I kept mine as the standard miso since I had shogayaki. I don't need that much pork! I must be super boring that way. I can't seem to move away from ordering the shogayaki each time I’m here for a mid-day meal. It was grilled chicken and deep fried chicken for the friends.

There was a glass of highball for me, a glass of sake for S, and iced lemon tea for N. Lunch was super decent. Then we toddled over to the Apple store to get N a graduation gift. Wheeeeeee. It was a surprise for him! He didn't even know that he was getting a gift! He had some fun selecting the colors and all that. 

No comments: