Friday, August 02, 2024

Seared A Tenderloin for the Kiddos!


It's unsurprising that I would turn on the stove to cook for the dogs, but completely forgot that humans needed dinner too. Hahahaha. Bought three cuts beef from the supermarket. Two steaks and 300-g lean mince. These are to be toppers to their raw base. These beef are to be seared. The kiddos are both on a raw diet now. But I'm not pedantic, and seared beef toppers are great for them.

The lean mince was mixed in with bok choi and a wee bit of olive oil. Added an egg to Choya's portion too. Those are just fun bites. Seared a tenderloin and a leg steak as well. I did put a bit of sea salt flakes onto the meats, and sprinkled parsley, thyme and oregano over them. For the kiddos, the tenderloin was done blue. Then they get the fun flavors of a char on the outside, and still all of its juices and nutrients. 

I could have seared another two fillets for the husband and I, and have some salad or rice on the side. But I didn't! For the husband's benefit, I also gave him a few slices of tenderloin, but sprinkled with salt and pepper and a dash of hot sauce. We had to go out to buy our own dinner. Hahahah.

The kiddos know the sound of the meats sizzling in the pan and the smells from the Maillard reaction. They always patiently wait till I begin clearing up and slicing the steaks. Then they know it's time to eat. They are in love with their meals. Hurrah!

No comments: