Friday, July 31, 2026

Hit Palawan Beach

We try not to do a staycation over the weekend. One, it's friggin crowded everywhere. And the hotel room rates would be mad. So we do the whole week instead, and the crowds are usually manageable. Ryo came along with us to this Sentosa staycation. I don't think he understands what a staycation is since he has never gone on one. But he feels safe with us, and is happy with us in any room. So that works fine in having him settled.  

Took them out first thing to the beach. Smol Girl smelt the sea and sand. And asked to run. So I dropped her leash, and she ran and ran. And ran some more. She was soooo thrilled. At this age, she doesn't run that far away from us anymore. We can be out of sight for a while, but she would round back. Whewwwww. 

Choya hasn't been to the beach for a while. She probably missed the sand loads. She isn't interested in the water though. 'No swimming, Momma.' She has made it quite clear. She walks along the water's edge, and when the waves roll in, she runs away from it. She doesn't mind her paws get wet a little. She doesn't want to go in. If I pick her up to put her in the water, she can swim, but she will be miffed and she'll make straight for the shore. Heh.

Ryo, on the other hand, was a tad scared. He's still frightened and unsure of the outdoors and everything. He likes the sniffing and the smells, but he doesn't like being outside much. He would swim if forced to, but I don't think he wants to do it weekly. Today, he didn't want to swim at all. He didn't even want to run that much. He only trotted around. Whatever. He was willing to wait for Choya and sit with us for a bit. He tried to bolt, but with no success. 

I watched the Smol Girl sprint all around the sand. Her paws flew across the clean-enough sand. She was ridiculously happpppyyyyy. I was happy too, to see this soon-to-be nine-year-old still nimble, fast and active. Once she was done running this morning, she laid down and snoozed. She had a choice to snooze in the sun or move to the shade. I let her be. It was a hot day, but the breeze stirred continuously, and it felt wonderful to be out and about. Of course I had a giant sun hat. Ha! 

No comments: