The Sentosa Grillfest is back at Siloso Beach for its 9th edition every weekend from 23 July to 16 August. Tbh, we never bothered about it till maybe four years ago. But the earlier iterations were middling. We only really noticed the better quality in its 7th edition.
It's also much better organized and planned this year with plenty of tables and seats at the Emerald Pavillion, as well as outdoors on the side. The beer counter in the pavillion had a logical flow. I don't know how the vendors feel, but at least for diners, it's a super improved experience from last year.
The husband really likes this sort of grill events. Well, he likes meats. This year, they've set up an air-conditioned tent at the far end of the beach for its 'Chef's Grill Experience'. It's an 8-course set presented by different kitchens. At $128++ each weekend, the menu rotates. It would be fun, but the husband isn't keen enough to ditch the dog to stop by for it, so we didn't bother.
We went with the dog, and she was so pleased. She wasn't interested in the food. The moment she got there, she pulled and made a beeline for the beach — to feel sand under her paws. She hopped and sprinted. For a short bit, I let her run free. I wasn't about to spill my beer while trying to hold her.She was in a really sociable mood; greeted plenty of floofs. Every floof was really well-behaved. She rolled and rolled around on the sand, dug it up and kicked it around. She was the happiest little thing. Luckily I have plenty of water for her to drink and wash the sand out of her nostrils and mouth. Tsk.
Note, if you bring dogs, the short bit of fireworks from next door's 'Wings of Time Symphony' at 7.40pm and 8.40pm could scare them. It's a daily thing.
It was hardly surprisingly to know that our stomach space was limited. We really couldn't eat that much. We weren't fixated on which 'famous' vendor to buy from. We've tried their food over the past few years at different pop-ups, so there wasn't a 'I MUST HAVE THIS' idea. We didn't want to queue forever for the food either, so we went with stalls that had no queues or short queues. The food turned out equally fine too.
To my own surprise, I wanted an ayam bakar of sorts. Bahahaha. Well, I took an antihistamine, so I was sort of free to have a nibble of chicken and shellfish. But I didn't go OTT lah. I wanted the $18 ayam bakar, not the $32 version. I got it. It came in its usual cut of a big chicken thigh. It was honestly tasty.
The husband went for broke and had a lamb shoulder. It was a huge portion! He ate it all. Then he had two giant prawns. Whoa, all that protein. He was stuffed. Two beers gave him all the carbs needed. He couldn't fit in anything else. LOL



No comments:
Post a Comment