Tuesday, March 25, 2008

3-inches Made All The Difference

I knew my co-emcee was tall. (I swear he's thinner than me too.)

But in that groggy state of mind in the morning, I still slipped on the ballet flats.

At the dry run, we had standing microphones. We adjusted it to a comfortable height to our mouths.

I stepped back and stared at the gaping difference in the height of the microphone stands. I laughed and laughed.

I couldn't remain nonchalant about my ballet flats anymore. Luckily, we were at a venue smack in town with a dozen shoe shops. So I zipped downstairs to the mall and bought a pair of 3-inch patent heels.

When I clambered back up to the stage in my new shoes, I adjusted the microphone stand to the new height.

There, it really looked much better. At least I came up to somewhere at his ears. I wouldn't look so pathetically stumpy anymore. ;P

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

muahahahaha. Are you going to kill me because I noticed the mic height difference?!! =P Except that I would have faced the exact same problem =DD

Anonymous said...

you're hilarious babe. you won't grow any taller you know?! and the audience only like tall and cute MALE emcees. kekekekke.

Anonymous said...

You .. stumpy..?? NEVER..!!

Jo said...

hahaha... It will be like little and large! :D

imp said...

corsage: OEH!!! heeehehehe.

jazzgal: you! don't remind me how short i am compared to YOU! and yah. the ladies loved his voice.

mamabok: you're too kind! at times, i'm definitely pudgy!

jomel: TOTALLY lor.

=eLaiNe= said...

hahah..this is such a cute and funny post! dun worry, i m pretty sure that with the high heels u looks more elegant too, and a pretty good excuse of getting a new pair of shoes! =p *shopaholic devil grin *

Anonymous said...

You know hor, when I saw the title...

wildgoose said...

Show us the pix! hehehe...

imp said...

elaine: i really didn't need another pair of shoes. so now i dunno what to do with it. prob stash it underneath my office desk.

JM: you've got a dirty little mind!!

wildgoose: i forgot to take pics!!!

sinlady said...

at least u can remedy situation by getting yourself some heels. I cringe when I think of me co-mc-ing with this shortie guy whose eyeball level is my boobs. *arghhh*

imp said...

sinlady: that's even worse!!!!!! that one no help already!

Anonymous said...

yeah - no help is right. i cannot hunch right? lol

imp said...

sinlady: heeheehee.