Friday, March 21, 2008

Sunny Days Are Good

I made sure it was still light when I left the office yesterday. It felt good to see the brilliant colors of sunset after those neverending days of rain. This weekend is much needed. Finally I can hear myself think.

Today, I have a glorious sunny day all to myself. To do nothing. I lazed by the pool. The sun's out baking the grounds. I had a long swim and came out with a light tan. I feel tons lighter.

But you know, the work laptop is lurking in that corner. I'll have to eventually get onto it and clear some emails before the weekend is over. Bah.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

never underestimate the healing power of those those do-nothing days:)

Jo said...

my bestie went back to Sg yesterday, and it's great that today's a public holiday there, so she has time to unwind... and have a long weekend. She told me about the rains there, well, it's the same here, every evening.

Anonymous said...

go bake. go swim. you'll feel human again!

Miss Loi said...

Umm ... the bombardment of cats and dogs just ended here in Novena -_-

kikare said...

we all need some time to re-charge our batteries, and let the brain rest so it can be inspired again :9

Carrie said...

I am enjoying every minute of the long weekend but i know what you mean, the idea of monday starting all over again is bugging me!

Anonymous said...

Working here.. on good friday.. *sob*

Cavalock said...

Once u tell yrself yr job aint the most impt thing in the world, and yr job aint yr life or yr life aint yr job, going back to work on mondays gets a little better. ;)

Jemej said...

Don't we just love long weekends?

=eLaiNe= said...

oh..this sounds like a good evening with a good weekend coming soon..enjoy and relax all u can ok?

imp said...

sinlady + meteor: agreed!

jomel: :( can stay in during the evenings to chill!!

miss loi: maybe i was up really early to have caught the sun!!

kikare: oh yes. recharing batteries will be much needed.

carrie: nooo! don't think about it!

mamabok: hope the snow eases and u get more business!

cavalock: not afraid of mondays. but it's been hectic. at the moment, i love the work and don't dread it. altho it can be a bit tiresome at times.

jemej: loving it!

elaine: enjoying!