Sunday, March 30, 2008

Half and Half

I clicked on this video over at DK's. This is the first time I'm listening to it proper. I think I'm a bit slow. But this song is quite lovely.

A thought crept into my mind. It wouldn't be too difficult to sing and play it. I suddenly decided that I ought to learn one Chinese song on the guitar. So I sat down all afternoon trying to figure out the chords. About 3 chords only. Can lah.

When the friends read this, they're so going to die laughing. One already did. He was on msn. So I made him listen to a song he couldn't understand just so he could confirm the chords for me. He wanted to look for the tabs to send over. But I reminded him that I couldn't read tabs. -_- So I think he might just go look for someone to teach me how to play it properly. HEeeHeeee.

I'm not whiz. But I can play this song okay! I'm not a total potato. And I sing Chinese songs better than I can ever do the English ones. Ummm...the Tele isn't the best guitar to play this song on. I'm not sure if the man will let me play with his precious babies. But I've gotta dig out the Martin. When the man comes home to see me try to string the chords together, he'll laugh his indie socks off.

update @ 11.20pm: The man came back, listened to the song and played it almost flawlessly in 10min. *crushed*

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm laughing my socks off right now. *poker face*

Dawn said...

Ok that's it - I demand a performance. I'll bake you cookies in exchange!

Anonymous said...

eh. sing leh. i do bbq at my place. u bring the guitar.

Ally said...

haha think my friends would just die if i even uttered a single tune in chinese...

Anonymous said...

one afternoon to figure it out ah?? come come, i'll teach you how to play. ;P

imp said...

jazzgal: NOoooOO!!

dawn: :( *hides* ask man play. i sing. i sound like this stuttering fool on guitar. but i want cookies anyway...can?!!!

phil: i cook. you play. hahahahha.

orientalQ: can lah! you can wow them for sure!

andrew: oh shut up!

Dawn said...

I want both! Singing AND playing :)

Anonymous said...

Can always play "Today" ah? C, Am, Em and G. and then C, Am, Em and G again.
That's all I remember wahahaha!

Anonymous said...

awwww. your geetar skills not as good as the man......

imp said...

dawn: you so greedy!!! cannot!

kikare: heeehehehe. that's the idea too!

meteor: it'll never be as good lor.

geesmo said...

completely off topic but those arms are looking mighty toned :)

imp said...

geesmo: luckily u never say fat ah. muahahahhaha!

=eLaiNe= said...

i hearted this song some times ago, and this singer came out with a new album recently...check it out! by the way, could you help me to wish your man happy 33rd birthday? i m late and your comments is closed ! Sorry for the belated wish! =p

imp said...

elaine: not late not late! thanks! i just close comments to deter spam. :) will look at album when i get this song more or less alright. :)

Anonymous said...

dis doesnt seem like imp's taste in music leh :)

but seriously cheena pop songs are really catchy ..haha

imp said...

nuttyjas: hehehhe. not at all. but on a whim i suppose. the trying to play the guitar part is what attracted me!