Saturday, January 22, 2011

吃饭


There're a couple of personal assistants (PAs) in my organization whom I work often. Initially everyone said they are the 'scary fierce types'. I don't think so. They must have not met the seriously scary fierce types whom I deal quite often, the ones who are curt and call to scold me, then hang up. Those ladies are angels compared to these! The PAs picked a date when they could have a longer mid-day break and took me out to lunch. They made me decide on the venue. I gave it a think and chose Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao.

I really like that plain spring onion noodles (葱油面). It's really kinda tasty, if you like spring onions. Apparently, none of them had tried it, so they were game. I was a little worried! It could be too plain for some people. They dismissed that. "How plain can it be? It's like rice only what." And promptly ordered plenty of other dishes to go along with the meal. WAAAAH.

We didn't bother with dessert since the table wanted some red bean pancake thingy and they didn't have it on the menu anymore. They said to have dessert elsewhere. They refused to let me pay. Then they were shocked that I hadn't been to any outlets of The Daily Scoop and promptly dragged me to try the one at Chip Bee Gardens.

There's also a tiny lovely gift. They decided it would go well with my usual black clothes. I'm overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of the PAs. This is the first (and likely to be the last) time I've ever lunched with them. I never never expected the sweet gestures.

2 comments:

bookjunkie said...

the noodles look yumm....sometimes plain is good :) your colleagues sound lovely!

imp said...

bookjunkie: i'm lucky to have met the good ones! they're very lovely and i miss them already!