Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Re-opened, Tatsuya


Re-opened after a month of renovations, Tatsuya has gone for softer hues in the wood. The layout remains similar, and they swopped out the ungainly chairs for a new set that I really like. Go sit on those chairs!

Walking in, I almost tripped in shock when a familiar voice hollered a greeting. Chef Ronnie Chia! Didn't expect to see him behind the counter, actually slicing fish. I've known his food since I was a little girl, but honestly, I don't remember much of it because in the recent years, it's Chef Sasaki and Chef Goh who know my preferences. Ronnie doesn't come into the restaurant that often nowadays. But he must have been in a great mood. I was just taking random photos of the food and the counter, and he decided to join in. He merrily posed for photos for us, and dragged Chef Goh into it. o_O

Ate all that I wanted for the evening. My order of a special tiny bowl of chiraishizushi was hilarious, and I loved the story of it on this particular night. Let's just say that two chefs made the order of chiraishizushi, and towards the end of the meal, I got an additional scoop of negitoro plonked onto the remnants of the rice in the bowl. Hurhurhur.

I've always got a soft spot for this restaurant. Thankfully, I was out of town while the restaurant was closed for renovations in August, so no major cravings hit; anyway, luckily there was Umu to take care of it for a little bit till I got home. Lovely that the team also went to Japan for more inspiration. Whatever. The presentation might not be the best; food's not imaginative that way. All in all, rather conservative, fresh ingredients, and it's fairly predictable. Good. This is my usual makan venue, and I do like their food, especially when they're always more than happy to tweak the orders to my tastebuds.

Gamely posing for me. Left: Chef Goh; Right: Chef Ronnie Chia.

Tatsuya
Goodwood Park Hotel (located outside of the hotel, adjacent to the main lobby)
22 Scotts Road Singapore 228221
T: +65 6887 4598 (Reservations necessary)

No comments: