Thursday, March 06, 2014

For Lent


And Lent begins. Also Purim arrives next weekend. Before we know it, it'll be Passover and Easter in a month.

Well, I've never tried fasting, not if water is out of the equation. Highly doubt I'll survive. The abstinence portion, is of course, selectively done with minimal pain. Which really isn't the point. Going completely meat-less (no soups done in meat stock or fries in duck fat) is no sweat. Not giving up cheese or eggs though. I love them both. If you take away those, I've pretty much nothing to eat. So there. But I'll strive for the spiritual thought behind it.

So. Can't give up social media. Perhaps I can. Dunno. My news feeds are tied up on all social media platforms. 40 days. That'll be something to consider for uh next year. Maybe not utter a peep on social media and just absorb the news and information. Anyway. For this year, I'll learn to hold my tongue. Had intended to learn patience as part of the new year resolutions. Not doing great. But I guess, passably. The bit about cursing less might be a lost cause. Perhaps more creativity is required in that aspect. But, intent...ahhh. Dear God, please let me have the wisdom and grit to not pick a fight with people over issues I know there's no chance to agree to disagree. Amen.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.   
~ Matthew 6:21

No comments: