Thursday, May 15, 2014

Walking Shoes


We weren't trekking. Nothing serious anyway. It said 'trail'. But the man couldn't believe that my black flats were comfortable. "Are you sure you could walk in them? They look like city shoes."

Well, I won't wear flats without rubber soles. That's the first criteria for any flats or even hardier MaryJanes. Flipped my soles over. "See. Rubber. All terrain." Hardy. This pair has already been tried and tested over easy farms, slopes, mud and whathaveyous. It isn't mountain-climbing. Easy trails that aren't even listed as precarious.

They say Seattle rains all year round. Pretty much like Singapore, except with better weather and food. Since I'm here for a bit, brought a few pairs of shoes over. No wellies though. The weather now (and forecasted) has been FANTASTIC, even with the two days of rain. After 11 May, the weather's shot up to something properly summery.

Not bothered to like...buy clothes or shoes here. I don't need anything and I don't want anything. Each time I think I'd buy something, nothing turns up at the stores. When the weather is so awesome now, I don't want to be stuck inside a mall. I'll work with what the suitcase contains unless something breaks or tears, or whatever. Few shoes can keep me comfortable all day, unless they're Vibrams or boots. Any other ballet flats must be able to keep the feet comfortable for at least a two-hour stroll to and fro anywhere.

Not pictured are my beloved Vibrams. :D

8 comments:

Missus Tay said...

ooh, i'm looking for a good pair of shoes that are easy-to-match and comfortable to walk for long period of time (1-2hours). may i ask where can i find the black pair in the top pic?

D said...

Zappos now sells vibrams too. Just saying :)

Anonymous said...

I love living in my boots! finding it hard to transit back to my flats, giving me blisters when it never used to.

imp said...

missus tay: the black pair's from Merrell, but I'm not sure if they're out of stock. But all my other black flats look similar. Heh. Also depends on your feet shape. I've got huge bunions and a high arch on the soles, so shoes like Ferragamo and Repetto don't work for me. Neither does Tory Burch. Tods and Cole Haan are okay, but not as comfortable as El Naturalista, Doc Martens, Rockport or Camper flats.

D: The irony is that I hate stepping into malls no matter where and here, I uhhh order online and it's delivered to the hotel in 24hrs. :DDD They're so far oos for my size at most places. GRRRRR.

fern: if i could live in my doc marts all day, i would! Winter knee-high boots are also comfy from most brands. Flats need some searching to get a good fit. any luck just using plasters for a bit as you swop back to flats? Open-toes? Would those be better?

Anonymous said...

Me like the wedges! Where are they from? :)

imp said...

joanne: that's an old pair from Andre Assous a year ago. Still comfortable. Think he has more open-toe designs this season.

Anonymous said...

Too cold for open toe. heh heh. Bought some footsies (those half socks thingams) to tide me over.

imp said...

fern: just wear the boots. i think you'll look perfectly fine till high summer hits. everyone's in boots still over here because of the rain and wind. heh.