Wednesday, July 02, 2014

For The Friends' Parents


The friends' parents are always super kind to me, and often by extension, to the man too. In their eyes, I suppose we're always errant teenagers. :P Aside from the festive occasions, I like to buy them something to say hello. But it's not like I've a clockwork schedule reminding me when and who to buy gifts for. It's completely random.

Was stocking up on bird's nest for the home and decided to get some extras for the friends' parents, especially for those whom I know cook bird's nest at home either with chicken or something in a meal, or as a 'healthy' dessert.

Passed a small box of bird's nest over to this girlfriend to hand it to her parents. I didn't realize it, but the gift also randomly arrived in time to match her father's birthday, as well as the successful completion of her mother's wrist surgery. Woot. Something to wish them well.

We're at the age where our parents are obviously ageing and for some, ailing. It's heart-aching to hear of failing health in the parents of friends I'm closer to, and especially painful if I know the parents well. Working with old folks and being familiar with the processes and feelings don't make the pain less severe. But such is the cycle of life, and for those I choose to be there for (and if the presence is accepted or tolerated), even if I can't help, I can run errands quite well and offer bits of emotional support.

No comments: