Friday, May 05, 2017

Laura Marling in Seattle



With a new album 'Semper Femina', I fell in love with British singer-songwriter Laura Marling all over again. I chanced upon her show date only when I strolled by The Showbox. Oh!

It was already a sold-out show, but I really wouldn't mind hearing the British singer-songwriter. Anyway. Scored tickets. ✌🏻Hurrah! Valley Queen opened the evening. They're a new-to-me band and Natalie Carol's vocals are great! It was unexpectedly lovely to hear them too.

In between my usual fondness for prog and heavy rock and metal, I also enjoy folk rock. I last heard Laura Marling at Laneway in Singapore in 2012 when it was held at Fort Canning Park. That was open-air, and her songs are much better heard in a closed venue. Felt so good to chill out tonight to music from her albums new and old. It was a beautiful night. 

No comments: