Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Thou Shalt Not Overeat

Over the weekend, I completely over-ate and overdosed on carbs. Stir-fried kway teow, rice vermicelli, and the worst of them all in the form of white rice because there was curry. Thai cuisine for three straight meals in a row over two days, of which one was a rest day from exercising. Felt totally bloated. Indigestion symptoms loomed. The stupendous burps. Dammit. Haven't had that in a while.

Based on my body weight and all that, I only require 1800 calories a day. Not that I'm fanatical about counting them, but my stomach knows what it can well, stomach. I kinda roughly know the portions that ought to be eaten daily. Like I said, I don't want to drop the weight because I want to gain muscles. I was simply greedy and stuffed everything in without much thought. Oops.

Besides sipping ginger water, I wasn't going to eat more things to get rid of indigestion. Gotta work off that burn. My next two consecutive pilates classes weren't going to cut it. I'd need to put in cardio too, before the usual cardio days. Wasn't keen on running. Scrambled to look for cardio-intensive classes at the gym to zip into the next morning.

Managed to go for a barre class + pilates. Then the next day was some circuit thing + pilates. Sure it was a sweatfest; surprisingly my heart rate didn't go berserk. I didn't feel like puking. Didn't embarrassingly burp through the classes. I felt fine. Like, balanced. Was totally up for boxing the third day, and finally, the digestive system quietened. Yay! Gotta watch my diet for the week. This would teach me to over-do the carbs and food portions again. 😃

No comments: