Saturday, November 11, 2017

Selah


I'm someone who needs and seeks solitude. It keeps me grounded. Even when I travel with my husband, there must be a huge chunk of time partitioned out for myself, alone. After a a quick drive through Tseung Kwan O (將軍澳) and a lovely breakfast at Po Lam (寶琳) with the friends, I set off by myself on the streets of Hong Kong.

I stayed away from downtown. The skyscrapers, the narrow streets, the crowds and noise. Frazzling. While I know that's what this city is, I also know that those aren't just what the city is. There's more. There's always more. Glorious hiking trails and quiet little lanes, and little gems of the various islands. Vacations in Hong Kong to me, mean something entirely different. Which is probably why I tend to visit the city with friends who share similar interests. Grateful that I have these faeriefolk who understand that and give me all the space necessary.

I had the phone (as security instead of giving it full attention) and the trusty Leica for company. It has been sooooo loooong since I last roamed the streets at will with a camera. I miss it! I tend to shoot stills and random street scenes, portraits if my subjects don’t mind, so this camera fulfills its purpose really well. It was simply wonderful hopping on and off the mini-buses, and wandering around the suburbs from late morning till nightfall.

Lo, I have gone far off flying away; and I abode in the wilderness. 
~ Psalms 54:8; Douay-Rheims (or NKJV Psalms 55:7)

No comments: