Friday, January 19, 2018

Additional Weights!


Piled on extra weights at LES MILLS GRIT™ Strength, increasing it from 13 kg to 15 kg. To my utter relief, it was fine. It's time to up it to a total of 18 kg. (I started with 10 kg.) Maybe 20 kg towards the end of the year. But I'm not ambitious enough to do 23 kg in the near future. Nope.

I know women who are super power lifters, and do the standard 20 kg barbells with additional weights. Very inspiring. Not these cute 3 kg bars in classes. Many could easily clean and jerk 1.5x of their body weight. I don't aim for that. I have zero interest in squats or lifting or bench presses. LES MILLS GRIT™ Strength classes with its cardio elements are sufficient for my purposes, and needs.

Clean and press, squats, shoulder presses, rows, etc. 12 reps x 3 sets for some parts. Not too bad because it's only 30 minutes with a ton of jumps and push-ups woven in. These work though. Great burn. I felt it keenly when I upped those weights, and the soreness set in super fast. But they also eased off quickly when I dragged myself to krav maga the next day to work a different set of muscles.

Okay then. I'm chugging along fine in the fitness department for the year. I’ve got a few goals set for strengthening the core. I’m just happy to have gotten those push-ups and pull-ups. Perhaps I should ignore the bit about one-arm push-ups, as suggested by my mad pilates instructor. That’s crazy tough to train for.

No comments: