Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Netflix & Gin


On an evening when the BFF and I were both exhausted, we had a quick bite at a nearby hawker center, and stayed in on her couch to binge-watch Kim's Convenience.

It had been crazy two weeks at work for her. She hadn't left work before 8pm for two weeks straight. I had a looooong week too. There was nothing of importance to discuss between us, and we didn't even have to talk very much except make stupid comments in reference to the happenings on Netflix. And that was the quiet night with good company I wanted. No hypocrisy, no schmoozing, no double-crossing, no games.

I brought a bottle of Kyoto dry gin, and three bottles of tonic water. She had lemon and wilted mint in the fridge. All good; light drinks followed. I had been gifted a huge bag of Popo muruku separately packed in edible portions, so I brought a few packs over too. It was a rather strange flavor, sweet and spicy. The BFF loved it. The sweet notes were strange; I'm more used to spicy muruku though. It did go well with drinks.

An evening of crazy television humor, drinks and muruku. That totally counted as a night out. To be honest, it was more satisfying than parking our asses at a fancy bar and paying through our nose for overpriced cocktails. 

No comments: