Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Watson Backpack Arrived


After everyone kicked up a major ruckus in July about the delayed shipping of the Watson backpack, the brand somehow got their act together to send out shipping notices by the batches. When I saw the shipping notice for the Watson backpack three weeks ago, I rolled my eyes. It was taking a route from Canada to Manchester, UK and to Singapore. Obviously I'm not holding my breath. One fine afternoon, without notice, it arrived. FOR REAL. OH. LIKE, FINALLY.

The man could have picked it up from Manchester since he was right there. Anyway. When I opened it, I started laughing. It looked like a turtle shell. I gave it a go. The Watson backpack isn't that light. It's quite heavy on the hand. All of 2.7kg. However, when slung on the shoulders, the weight feels okay. Someone did give thought to the design. Bit of a bulk, but kinda sleek still.

I wouldn't carry it. It's highly impractical for me. The outer hard case makes it a little bulky for me as a backpack. Besides suitcases, I kinda like my bags squishy. I was highly tempted to stick wheels on it and pull it around like a cabin suitcase. Well, the man likes it, and that's all that matters. It's his backpack. He's the one who'll be using it frequently. Apparently it fits his notebook and all travel essentials fine and will keep them secure when he runs around.

No comments: