Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Avocado + Eggs

Had a new shipment of avocados, and since the man complained that there hadn't been avocados at home for three weeks, I made sure the man got sick of eating it all week. Muahahahha. There could be smashed avocado on toast, avocado smoothies, et cetera. Oh trust me, my avocado game is strong, way hipster than any hip cafe. The thing is, I've been eating avocados since I was a child. And now the popularity of avocados have exploded in such a huge way that it impacts the land the avocados are mainly harvested from, and its people. Haizzzz. Anyway.

I baked avocado and eggs for the man's breakfast. He hit the gym early before coming home to change up and go into the office. There was time for breakfast. He didn't know that I'd be cooking. I usually leave him to sort out his breakfast in the microwave. Sometimes, it doesn't take much to make him happy. I told him I'd cook him breakfasts as often as I could this December, by way of a Christmas gift to him. #ImpieCooks2018

You know I don't bother with hot breakfasts, so whenever I cook up breakfast, it's usually for one person. The man always enjoys a hearty breakfast, so he was thrilled to get my text about food being prepped, and was delighted to smell things sizzling when he stepped into the flat. The avocado and eggs were served with a croissant, and two slices of four-seed multigrain toast and delicious English Cumberland sausages. Sausages are a little annoying to sear though. SO OILY. Luckily we only buy sausages once in two months or something like that. It's rotated with ham. Processed food lah!

I had some fun with the avocados and eggs. Decided to do a different sort of sunny-side up for him. Baked 'em avocado and eggs in the oven. There, all the calories and carbs and a full salt bomb for him to start the day with. However, his eyes popped out when he saw the avocado and eggs. Poached or hard-boiled eggs on toast with smashed avocado are fairly common, easy to prep, and can be done beautifully, except it's way cheaper when we do that at home. He had never eaten them presented this way. He couldn't stop laughing. Hahahahahah. Well. Obviously he doesn't visit enough fancy cafes or browse Instagram often. 🙄🤣🥑🍳

2 comments:

coboypb said...

Ooh baked avocado with egg looks yummy. I have only baked avocado in cake dough.

imp said...

avocado and eggs are the only combination of hot breakfast i like! heh.