Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Mailed Out Christmas Cards


There, all my Christmas cards have been mailed out. This batch was to local recipients. Obviously I sent more than three cards lah! My mailing list still holds about 25 cards to Singapore addresses. I was kiasu and sent out the first batch in the first week of November! Those were mainly sent out overseas, and I needed them to get to their intended recipients by the first week of December. The postal services are usually flooded, and any cards sent later would usually reach the friends in January.

It took some time before I remembered to shift over my stash of cards, pens, stationery and such. Took the opportunity to reorganize the cards into its different purposes. Sifted out the Christmas cards to fill out. There were so many boxes of new cards hoarded that I didn't have to buy new ones this year. 🤣

I still find it a joy to sit down for two afternoons to write those cards. I try not to write generic lines. The best parts are when I discover how easily words flow when I'm writing to friends. We're in contact through the year and it isn't difficult to pick up a pen to say something. And with closer friends, there's so much more said in the unspoken encapsulated in those casual lines written. 

No comments: