Friday, February 22, 2019

Spicy Penne all'Arrabiata


Regular dinners at home also means food for the man and something less meaty for me. One such compromise is a piece of braised beef rump (in an oven bag) and spicy pasta all'arrabiata. It takes less than an hour to do, and with minimal fuss.

The man found the beef rump in the supermarket. The meat came marinated in an oven bag and it's meant to be placed sealed into the oven. It's perfect because it keeps everything so neat. There isn't any mess to sort out after marinating and I don't have to scrub that oven tray like crazy. My counter-top is almost streak-free after dinner prep. Wheeeee!

I kinda need carbs, yes, at dinner. I'm not on any type of diet and my body likes a bit of carbs now and then. I like this pasta to be spicy, so it's two chilli padi and chilli flakes. The secret to good spicy penne all'arrabiata is adding anchovies and white wine to the tomato base. Meatballs or sausages could be added to the pasta too. It'll be a fantastic one-dish meal. But today, we didn't need that. We already had the beef as extra protein. Of course there was an extra portion of penne for my lunch the next day. I love having it cold too.

No comments: