Saturday, December 28, 2019

A 150g Beef Patty for Choya


I'm thrilled that Three Buns has secured their Pets Allowed NEA licence (which is in dire need for a review and update to the terms and conditions), and can welcome pets back to the outdoor area of the restaurant again. The thing is, the complimentary patties for the dogs are gone, and they can't serve food to dogs on their wooden plates. You could bring your own cutlery and bowl for the dog, order an unseasoned patty, and transfer that hygienically to the bowl for the dog.

The restaurant offers unseasoned minced beef for dogs in the form of sliders or a patty. The patty is 150g, and the sliders are like, 80g or 40g methinks. It arrived piping hot off the grill and it would need a few minutes to cool. S$9 for her 150g beef patty as a treat at Three Buns for Choya. Okay ah!

Make no mistake, this is a treat for the dogs. These patties are FATTY. I've ditched minced beef sold at supermarkets because I find the fat content too high. The butchers offer better and leaner cuts of minced beef, but I might as well buy an eye of round or a stir-fry cut and cut it up at home. If we go to Three Buns with the intention to also let Choya have dinner, I prefer to transfer her patty to her own bowl because it's much more hygienic, and if I choose to, I could add on her probiotics, wolfberries or whatever else into that bowl to make it a more balanced meal.

We came to Three Buns because yeah, everyone had a sudden craving for burgers instead of another fancy dinner. The hilarious part tonight- the table comprised vegetarians and omnivores. Tonight, we were all quite taken by the seasonal festive Impossible™ burger, and everyone decided to order that and sides. This Impossible™ burger held twice-cooked charred confit fennel, melted Vacherin Mont d'Or and a patty drizzled with caramelized chestnuts and black pepper sauce. It was delicious! My only craving each time I'm here — fiery chilli sauce. I might bring a bottle the next time. Hahaha. The burger joint's version of chilli sauce or inferno sauce isn't spicy enough for me.

No comments: