Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Nurul Sakinah Nasi Padang


After S raved about the nasi padang at Nurul Sakinah Malay Food at Clover Way, I made a mental note to try it. It's not exactly near me; it does take a bit of planning to do the drive up. Hot days make it even more unbearable since parking is crazy in the area. It makes more sense for me to get a takeout. So that day, the man and I did just that.  

The stall is sited in the Clover House kopitiam; that means you'll have other food choices if not everyone wants nasi padang. I think the stall offers mee siam, mee rebus, mee soto and lontong early in the morning. I went at 10.45am to get nasi padang bungkus.  

Oddly, the man isn't interested in chicken when having nasi padang. He prefers having fish and sotong over chicken. Beef rendang would do, but the other dishes are more interesting to him. His takeout held beef rendang, assam pedas ikan ekor, sambal goreng, sambal sotong, and sambal okra. Mine held telur asin, begedil, paru, and long beans. 

And I FORGOT TO ASK FOR SAMBAL BELACHAN. 🤦🏻‍♀️ It didn't affect the man too much since his food held loads of sambal, but my food wasn't as spicy. The long beans were just stir fried with garlic. Mine would be so much better with a large dollop of spicy sambal. I had taken it for granted that sambal would be dished onto my bowl. UGH. Food was delicious. We would totally return to get lunch again.


Nurul Sakinah Malay Food
11 Clover Way (inside Clover Coffee House)
Singapore 579082
Hours: Mondays to Fridays 8am to 3pm; Saturdays 8am to 1pm. Closed on Sundays.

No comments: