Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Burrata & Raw Beef

It was splendid to see V! I've missed her company. I'm pleased that she took a much-needed vacation and returned safe and sound. But it wasn't so enjoyable when our ever-changing travel restrictions bounced her into a mandatory 10-day SHN upon landing in Singapore. Zzzzzz.  

It was time to chat over drinks and dinner. We went to D.O.P for its lovely burrata in 250g. Too bad that they were out of spinach leaves. There was only rocket. I wasn't hungry, and decided to have an appetizer as my main — sliced raw angus beef with truffle oil and parmesan cheese in light balsamic sauce. It sat on a bed of rocket leaves. Okay, that was too much rocket for me. I left most of it behind. The astringent rocket isn't my favorite salad green.  

The restaurant sent us a dessert of Sicilian cannoli and a cute digestif of blueberry liqueur. I decided to eat the cannoli, which was really quite delicious. I skipped the digestif. I cannot do liqueur. It's how I simply can't deal with limoncello. Same same. I stuck to prosecco for the evening. 

I like D.O.P not just because of the friendly menu and reasonably-priced drinks. I also like it because it's super convenient for most people, and it's pretty much all open-air seating. The restaurant installed plenty of fans to reduce the sticky humidity, and the high ceilings at its Robertson Quay venue ensured air-flow. It rained fairly hard that evening for an hour. That kind cooled down the heat of the day and made it soooo pleasant to sit outdoors with no air-conditioning. 

No comments: