Friday, January 28, 2022

Two Types of Claypot Rice at Jiang


Since Jiang Cantonese Tapas had an abalone claypot rice on its festive menu, we went for it. I was so glad that friends didn't roll eyes too much when I said I wanted TWO TYPES OF CLAYPOT RICE. I went for broke and declared that I would finish a pot by myself if they couldn't. Hahahaha. I could. I made sure I had plenty of stomach space for dinner. 

We didn't get that much food. Since there would be rice, we wisely skipped the beef hor fun. The friends wanted the claypot rice too, and didn't bother with anymore extra carbs. There were fried wonton, braised beef brisket and tendon, and a portion of fried quail. It was a tiny portion definitely not enough for four persons. But it was enough for this table since only the man and L ate that. J and I didn't. Heh. Quail isn't our thing. 

We chose an easy dinner venue so that we could quickly fill our stomachs with decent food. The best part of the night was adjourning to the friends' home to drink their alcohol. Kekekek. We were shameless. Had a nip of a lovely mellow 30y.o Balvenie, then I swopped out to a chianti.  

My whole point of eating dinner tonight was to eat RICE> Hellloooooo CARBS. Ordered a minced pork patty and salted egg claypot rice. And also ordered their festive claypot, which was the one I was after — with greens, baby abalones and preserved sausages. It was pretty good!!! I shall come back here to have it. The regular menu has it without the abalones. That's cool. I don't need abalones all the time. To be very honest, this is a small size claypot, I could easily polish off one portion by myself. 😂 *whistles

No comments: