Saturday, May 27, 2023

A Nifty Purse


M was ridiculously thoughtful. She bought bags from Psalm 136 for us. She knew our likes and preferences and picked the apt fabric design for us. Run by Nathan and Joycelyn, these handmade bags take about 3-4 weeks to arrive after placing an order. Ahhh... Psalm 136 — the right use of power. We see those four examples; every verse of Psalm 136 reminds us to give thanks to God, “whose steadfast love endures forever.”

M bought a big one for herself that's named 'Lisa'; it's easily converted into a backpack too. Mine is named 'Valley of Hope' by the maker. It comes with a brass chain, but M added on a PU leather strap. So clever. Since I always sling my bags as a crossbody and am rough with them, I prefer the thicker strap over a metal chain. Heh. I forgot to take a photo of S's bag which has a fabric print of red and white tassels, and a tassel at the side. Couldn't find a photo of it online either. Will grab a photo of it the next time I see her.

The bag is really quite well made. It holds up great during these casual and hot strolls around the city. At 19cm (L) x 5cm (W) x 20.5cm (H), it slings over the body well and sits nicely on my butt. Hahaha. The clasp isn't fussy either. It's the brass plated alloy frame's edges that might scratch if I slip my hand in too fast or force it wider than it can open. Otherwise it's a lovely bag that I will use often!

No comments: