Sunday, May 28, 2023

天外天嘅艇仔粥加皮蛋


Went for a dim sum lunch at Above and Beyond (天外天). We had a lovely view of Central from our table by the window. The light was kind and golden. 

This M only likes sweet things. Tsk. She immediately ordered the steamed egg custard buns (流沙包) that came in a cow/panda print. She asked for dumplings and left us to order the rest of the food. She ate the sweet custard buns even before the savory foods arrived. Heh. 

Ordered loads. The usual meat and prawn dumplings of siew mai and har gow, two types of cheong fun (rice rolls), S also had a baked taro cake with goose. I had to have the boat congee (艇仔粥). That was hearty and yet elegant, full of squid and fish and peanuts. Had to have century eggs. They were delicious! It came in a generous portion with seared peppers.

Of course we still had space for dessert. That came in the form of fresh milk egg tarts. I don't often eat egg tarts. I like egg tarts I remember them to be soooo lovely. They don't come yellow like the usual, but in a pale white version. They're still small and very manageable. I took one. It's still as superb as I remember them to be. 

No comments: