Tuesday, May 30, 2023

All These Cha Chaan Teng


I don't particularly care that I eat at whichever famous cha chaan teng (茶餐廳). To me, most of them are pretty decent. However, I refuse to step into any Tsui Wah (翠華) or Cafe de Coral (大家樂). The latter simply feels like a McD's with all its ordering on big screens. When I'm already staying in Mongkok, all the ones around and a few streets away at Yau Ma Tei are all totally edible. 

On some mornings we ate breakfast at the hotel. On the other mornings, we pop out to the cha chaan teng for better local coffee and bites. All these cha chaan teng meshed into a giant version because I can't recall their names unless I look at the photos. They're all equally good, some better than the others. The black coffee with no sugar (齋啡) at these eateries are degrees better than the crap hotel coffee or those served at weird cafes. I asked for it to be brewed thick as well (加濃), and it's pretty much a kopi-o-kosong. Heh. 

They all do a decent luncheon meat and egg bolo bun (餐肉蛋菠蘿包) or as a sandwich with white bread. My only complaint — the spam is too thin and too small. Hahahaha. Surprisingly, I ordered no luncheon meat and sunny-side up with rice. (餐肉蛋飯) Why would I? I'd rather go home and cook my fuwa-fuwa rice and add a whole tin of spam to it. That would be wayyyyy more satisfying. 

No comments: