Thursday, June 01, 2023

Black Sugar Coffee


I didn't bother to hunt down the centrally located Koffee Mameya at K11 or Blue Bottle Coffee at Central/Wan Chai. My coffeeshop of this trip is Black Sugar. On this side of the island, their Mody Road and Ho Man Tin outlets suit my daily routes fine.

The girls simply humored me for the first visit. They aren't such coffee fiends — I am. I'd honestly take a stroll here for the coffee than to subject myself to rubbish brews at the hotel's breakfast cafe. 

I've been sleeping very well here. The sleep is deep for six to seven hours, and I wake naturally before my alarm goes off at 7.30am. I don't actually need caffeine to get through the day. Most days, I only want one cup of coffee. Black Sugar's outlets are convenient to me, and their dependable beans and consistent pulls are great. There's nothing to complain about my oat white 5oz double shot. Gorgeous. It's my standard order at most cafes across many cities.

We went away with a few boxes of drip coffee bags. Those are great if we aren't sure that our recipients has a grinder at home or use beans for their coffee machines. I wouldn't have minded a Shiba print tote bag, but they were sold out of them. Oof. Note, it's not a Shiba-themed cafe. They just happened to use the Shiba-ken as a mascot because their three Boss-Pups are floofy shibes. Heh. 

No comments: