Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Egg Fried Rice with Pork Chop

I really like pork chops done well. On a random weekday when the man and I had a break from work calls, and we could do plenty of carbs, fried rice was a craving. We zipped out to a kopitiam in a quieter locale with a King of Fried Rice. Hurhurhur. 

As far as fried rice goes, this works really well for me. There's nothing pretentious about it, nothing complicated. With sufficient wok hei, this Owen Road stall does it just fine. I have no complaints about it. We got here at 11.30am to no queue. This brand pulls in a crowd, but there aren't any of those mad queues and 40-minute wait anymore. Not like those days when they were at Golden Mile Tower.

A regular egg fried rice with pork chop for me. XO fried rice with shrimps for the man, and an extra serving of pork chop. Sooooo delicious. It was crazy. We ate up everything. What an utterly satisfying lunch. This was a super huge dose of carbs. Madness. No issues though. This simply meant that I wouldn't do a carb-heavy dinner. I've never restricted my diet; I simply regulate portions ingested. I'll just work it off at the gym tomorrow! Oof. 

No comments: