Friday, October 04, 2024

Easy Pieces of Sushi

It has been a long month at work. Whenever I have to physically turn up at conferences and panels, it takes a lot out of me. I have to be present in body and mind, and not allow my mind to wander. The brains are literally sharpened to the demands of the topics 85% of the day for an intense four or six hours. Then I can’t brain after. It's amazingly satisfying though. 

On hectic days like these, I go light at lunch because I wouldn't be tasting the food that much — I'm eating to fill the stomach and anything easy would do. No carbs because I can't afford to fall asleep after. In the nights, I'm depleted and oddly don't have much of an appetite to eat either. My social battery would be super low and I'm not that keen on socializing either. 

That night, the man asked me if I wanted dinner at a sushi joint. I declined. He was referring to a fancy one. I wasn't keen to pay S$500 for dinner. Not even S$350. I also didn't have three hours to spend on a meal. I wanted a super casual and easy <$100 meal done in 1.5 hours. Hahaha. Okay can. We stopped by one of our usual haunts. I won't tell you which one because they quietly allow Choya to come with. 

Picked out easy pieces of sushi. Had them seared too. Had ourselves a pretty decent dinner. Got home early enough to wind down a bit longer with a book instead of rushing through the pre-bedtime thingies. 

No comments: